Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cool Class Notes: Tritschler,Kierstead,Day,Calman,Wood, Wester

These will likely appear in June 30 Deerfield Magazine - but don't you deserve the good news sooner?

March - Charlie Tritschler is working at Amazon on Kindle project.

March - Lt Col Bob Keirstead writes, "Hello all! I was at church here in Brentwood, Tennessee about 2 months ago and saw classmate Bill Wester in the parking lot, we actually now go to the same church, 1,071 miles from Deerfield! He is back from Africa and working at Vanderbilt. I am still in the Air Force and heading to US Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA in July. After that, probably back to the Pentagon or back to the Middle East!"

March - Chris Day writes, "I continue to run www.evergreenadvisors.us from Ridgefield, CT and am greatly enjoying it. It's a challenging economy, but, thankfully, we're able to deliver value and have a sustainable business. Clark turned 6 in January and Ella is on her way to 3 in July. There's a strong possibility that we may be relocating to the Tampa, FL area this year, and I'd be grateful to hear from alums in that part of the world. Though it's difficult to leave New England, it's not so difficult when it's overcast, gray and cold! Nonetheless, I'll sorely miss the grand colonial homes, wide tree-lined streets, community spirit and church bells (not to mention the firehouse alarm at 12:00PM every day). If any of our esteemed class are familiar with the West Coast of Florida – please feel free to call me – I would be grateful. Be Worthy."

March - Matt Calman writes, "I'm just back from my second two-week trip to China this year. My team from Bank of America is leading a project with one of the major banks in China to build a Product Innovation Lab in Beijing. It's quite an adventure, both culturally and professionally, and the cuisine is spectacular! I have three or four more trips over in 2009. If anyone is over there, drop me a note at matt.calman@bankofamerica.com"

March - Dexter Wood writes, "After more than eight very fulfilling and rewarding years with Host Hotels & Resorts, I have accepted an extraordinary opportunity to join Hilton Hotels as senior vice president and global head of business & investment analysis. In my new role, I will have global responsibility for financial and business analysis functions supporting Hilton's development and brand growth strategies. Hilton will be relocating their corporate headquarters to the Washington, DC area this summer. So no relocation of the family is required, which is nice! Until then I will be spending time in Beverly Hills and traveling to other areas of interest around the world."