Thursday, May 25, 2017

California dreamin...


Just two guys hanging out in a Pho restaurant in Van Nuys...
"I always enjoy seeing classmates, especially in La La Land (no singing or dancing), but few can afford the opportunity to learn so much about something so unfamiliar as atmospherics as a casual dinner with Mark Beaubien. Granted I was only able to understand one out of every two dozen words, but it was great to hear how terrific and crucial the work he is doing, plus he gets to fly around in badass planes. It was also fun to reminisce about DA and the time he kicked me off the radio-which I probably deserved. Wonderful to hear about his daughters at Deerfield and how they are excelling in the arts. He showed me a picture of his senior Lily singing in front of the Memorial Building and apparently Kentucky Fried Chicken is sponsoring entertainment now with KFC concerts. So that is cool too." - Jim Wareck