Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Makin' Movies

After 3 years of trying to get the next movie off the ground, and a steep learning curve on "Hollywood values", I was fortunate to work with some incredible people and finish shooting (first step in long march to your screens) an anti-romantic comedy called Brand New Old Love, written and directed by a young comedienne here in LA. It is a low budget project but we were fortunate to get some great and known actors from movies and TV shows like Broad City, You're the Worst and Silicon Valley and Austin Powers. But my highlight was the day we worked with Brian Doyle Murray, the writer of Caddyshack and we shot on a golf course no less. I had to explain to him that phrases like "you're killing me Smails" are part of my everyday vocabulary and I was not just trying to suck up. He was incredibly gracious and a tremendous actor. Unfortunately, I did not get an opportunity to ask about his years rooming with John Belushi. Otherwise, all adequate, spend a lot of non-working time walking the dog (not a metaphor) in LA for foreseeable future and lucky to see DA folks in region.