Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stickin' With It...

Leigh Guyer shows the grit he has always been known for...
2012 Deschutes Dash TRI report. This was a beautiful event in downtown Bend, OR with a fairly relaxed, non-competitive vibe. The swim leg is down stream in a COLD Deschutes River. I wore a sleeveless 3/4 wetsuit, and my body was fine, but my head and face took about 5 minutes to acclimate. The bike leg was an out-and-back with a consistent moderate climb, which allowed for a speedy down hill return. The run was a pleasant course through some neighborhoods and around the river in the Mill District. I had a class 2 calf strain a week prior, so I planned on walking the run portion, but after the therapeutic effects of the cold river swim, I was able to gingerly run the course. This was a fun, relaxed event with some beautiful scenery. (copied from FB)