Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hank's Encounters

Consider following Hank Lemeiux on FB...

"OK, so, yes, this really just happened. 
I'm at Equinox getting in a quick workout before some work. So I'm in a hurry. 
In between sets I head to the sit-up bench. But they're both in use. So I head down one floor to where there is a secret, third sit-up bench I know about. And when I get there, some Will Ferrel-looking dude is in this bench too.
So now I'm exasperated. Don't these people know I'm in a hurry?
This is "New York Hank." He's uber impatient. I'm all thinking, "Will Ferrell-looking dude had _better_ get his ass up outta my bench."
At which point Will Ferrell-looking dude looks over at me, and...
Well, actually...
It _is_ Will Ferrell.
And he does get his ass up outta my bench. 
So now I'm feeling like I've got The Force or something. ("This is not the bench you're looking for.")
I go over and I'm like, "Do you mind if I work in, one quick set?"
And he's, "Sure!"
So I climb into the bench, which is a bit of a production because it's a decline bench, with those things you have to lock your legs and ankles around and I have to arrange some plates on my chest, etc. So then, finally I am ready.
And I look at him. And I say, "Now, don't make me laugh. I can't work out when I laugh."
And Will Ferrell starts laughing."